By Lorraine Lieswald,
Atkinson Graphic reporter
First Stop, located on East Highway 20 in Atkinson, some say, was originally a pig pen back in 1955 when Mr. and Mrs. Frank Hickman purchased the land, built a grocery store there and opened their business, Hickman's Circle Foods.
When the store opened in early August of 1956 it featured a complete line of staples, frozen foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and meats.
GET A COPY OF THE APRIL 29th ATKINSON GRAPHIC TO READ MORE!